Ryan Davis wrote in post #1025886:
> On Oct 9, 2011, at 17:09 , Suraj N. Kurapati wrote:
>> I'm pleased to announce TestR (was test-loop)
>
> Version 0.0.1 (2010-10-10) -- your project is now 1 year old
> exactly...  happy birthday!
>
> You're a vocal proponent of semver and you just hit version 14
> which means you're doing 1 major/backwards-incompatible release
> every 1.1667 months. Now that this project is a year old, can you
> shed any perspective on any of that and how well it has worked?

I works very well for me because my release numbering is consistent
(per RRV and SemVer) and people can rely on that by specifying tilde
constraints like "~> 14" when installing or depending on my gems.

Although I'm a perfectionist, I don't aspire to ever reach a golden
"1.0" release and stop / slow down there, because there's always
room for improvement in my view and bit-rot is all too pervasive.

For that reason, I follow RRV mechanically and don't bother with the
"unpleasantness" of making frequent major releases.  If people want
to continue using the old versions, they are most welcome to do so.

In the case of this particular gem, it is more of a tool than a
library so I really only bump the major version when there are
incompatible changes in the tool's (Ruby) configuration file.

I hope this has answered your question.  Let me know if otherwise.

Cheers.