Hey there, I'm new to this forums as well as being new to Ruby. I
decided to slowly learn ruby since I always wanted to learn a
programming language. But I need some help to understand looping.

I'm using Chris Pine's Learn to Program book and I've been playing
around with the exercises, trying to expand the and make them do things
beyond the original programming. But I just don't understand looping.

Pine says that to make a program loop you have to give a 'while'
condition that's always true. And then provide a way to break out of the
loop.  My sample program is a teacher asking a student his name and if
his name isn't capitalized then she'll reprimand him. If his reply isn't
"yes" then she'll keep repeating his reply.

------------------
puts 'What is your name, young man?'
name = gets.chomp

If name == name.capitalize
   puts 'Please take a seat, ' + name.capitalize + '.'
else
   puts name + '? You mean, ' + name.capitalize + ' , right?'
   puts 'Don\'t you know how to spell your name?'
   reply = gets.chomp

#start loop
    while reply != 'yes'
        puts reply + ' ? What!?'
        If reply == 'yes'
             break

And the result is just the What!? part being repeated over and over
again infinitely. So clearly I don't understand loops.  Any insight?

And sorry if this is an obvious mistake. I studied science in school,
not computer science or logic but I'm trying! Thanks for any help you
guys can give! :-)