# rest-graph <https://github.com/cardinalblue/rest-graph>

by Cardinal Blue <http://cardinalblue.com>

Tutorial on setting up a sample Facebook application with Rails 3
and RestGraph could be found on [samplergthree][]. Instead, if you're
an experienced Ruby programmer, you might also want to look at
[detailed documents][].

[samplergthree]: https://github.com/cardinalblue/samplergthree
[detailed documents]: https://github.com/cardinalblue/rest-graph/blob/master/doc/ToC.md

A lightweight Facebook Graph API client

We have moved the development from rest-graph to [rest-core][].
By now on, we would only fix bugs in rest-graph rather than adding
features, and we would only backport important changes from rest-core
once in a period. If you want the latest goodies, please see [rest-
core][]
Otherwise, you can stay with rest-graph with bugs fixes.

[rest-core]: https://github.com/cardinalblue/rest-core

## INSTALLATION:

    gem install rest-graph

Or if you want development version, put this in Gemfile:

    gem 'rest-graph', :git => 'git://github.com/cardinalblue/rest-
graph.git',
                      :submodules => true

Or as a Rails2 plugin:

    ./script/plugin install git://github.com/cardinalblue/rest-graph.git

## CHANGES:

### rest-graph 2.0.0 -- 2011-10-08

We have moved the development from rest-graph to [rest-core][].
By now on, we would only fix bugs in rest-graph rather than adding
features, and we would only backport important changes from rest-core
once in a period. If you want the latest goodies, please see [rest-
core][]
Otherwise, you can stay with rest-graph with bugs fixes.

[rest-core]: https://github.com/cardinalblue/rest-core

* [RestGraph] Added `RestGraph#parse_fbsr!` which can parse Facebook's
new
  cookie. Also, `RestGraph#parse_cookies!` would look for that too.
* [RestGraph] Added `expires_in` attribute which would be passed to
cache.
  The default value is 600 seconds. No effect if there's no cache, or
if
  the cache didn't support `:expires_in` option.
* [RestGraph] Now `RestGraph#initialize` accepts string keys.
* [RestGraph] We don't support em-http-request >= 1 at the moment.
* [RestGraph] Fixed that parsing an invalid signed_request would raise
an
  error. From now on it would simply ignore it and wipe out the data.

* [RailsUtil] Now by default, RestGraph would cache all GET requests
in
  `Rails.cache` for 600 seconds. You can change this by running:

      rest_graph_setup(:cache => nil, :expires_in => 3600)

  To disable cache or lengthen/shorten the lifetime of the cache
result.