On Oct 7, 5:11=A0am, Brian Candler <b.cand... / pobox.com> wrote:

> I imagine it's because rubygems redefines Kernel#require, but using -r
> on the command line calls the internal require function directly. If -r
> doesn't do a full method dispatch, then rubygems can't override what it
> does.

Ah, just like autoload. Thank you for figuring this out.

I suppose I will report this on redmine. I don't see how it can be
construed as anything but broken behavior. but then again I've only
brought up the problem with autoload for, oh I don't know, something
like FIVE YEARS to no avail.

btw, my original usecase, that led me this, was an attempt to run
minitest-based tests through a custom report format.

    $ ruby -r'minitest/tapy' test/test-*.rb

that I can't do this is ANNOYING AS HELL, to say the least.