Hi,

Best way ( my opinion) is to install RVM ( http://beginrescueend.com/ ) =
which allows you to easily install rubies and update them as new =
versions are released.

You can use any editor for project development as running the code can =
be performed from the shell script. ( VIM, Emacs ) also some IDEs =
provide support for ruby (IntelliJ, Eclipse, Netbeans, Redcar) if you =
search in google for the editor + ruby you should get some pretty =
straight instructions on how to set it up.=20

Follow the basic tutorial for ruby and irb on the ruby page ( =
http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/documentation/quickstart/)

Regards,
Vicente