On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 9:56 AM, Viaduct Productions
<lists / viaduct-productions.com> wrote:

> BTW is there any beef about top-posting in here? =A0I know some people ge=
t all huffy with that. =A0Having to scroll past a quotation is my beef with=
 bottom posting.

Well, bottom posting does not mean that one has to include the full
message that is replied to.  Usually the recommendation is to remove
the stuff which is irrelevant or which is not replied to.

But if you top post then basically you can omit the whole original
message since the reader has to figure anyway what the reply referred
to.  Unfortunately this is not what typically happens: people will
just top post a few sentences and leave the rest untouched.  Then it's
better to completely rid of the original message because it's only
marginally more effort for the reader to go back to a previous
posting.  But with proper comments in line and the message pruned
reading is so much simpler.  It also shows that the replier bothers to
make an effort to make it easier for his readers.  This is a message
of kindness.

Kind regards

robert

--=20