I am trying to get ruby 1.9.3 rc1 to work and it fails because of my
yaml files:

psych.rb:154:in `parse': (/test/system.yml): couldn't parse YAML at line
0 column 0 (Psych::SyntaxError)

If I do this however:

  YAML::ENGINE.yamler = 'syck'

And then load the same yaml file, everything works.

Now the problem is ...

I do not know why psych hates my yaml files and I do not know
whether it is easy to fix. But my yaml files are critical,
and I would rather simply want to use syck and not bother about
psych.

Is that possible or am I stuck now?

Ideally, what I would love to tell ruby would be to permanently
use sykc as the YAML Engine to use and completely ignore psych
everywhere. But I do not want to do this:

  YAML::ENGINE.yamler = 'syck'
  require 'yaml'

In all my .rb files that need to use yaml ...

HELP!