On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 8:54 PM, Rob V. <robtvogel / gmail.com> wrote:
> "Jes=FAs Gabriel y Gal=E1n" <jgabrielygalan / gmail.com> wrote in post
> #1024250:
>> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 8:40 PM, Rob V. <robtvogel / gmail.com> wrote:
>>> where:
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>> Can you show a complete example in which we can see the error?
>> Things to check:
>> - Are you sure you are putting the keys of the hash in the arrays?
>> - What does puts player1.first outputs: "Ah" or 1?
>>
>> Jesus.
>>
>> Jesus.
>
> I gave you an example where it doesn't work.
>
>>"puts deck[player1.first]
>>does not return the value of the card. I've also tried created place
>>holder variables without avail:"
>
> and I have above that:
>>" puts player1.first
>>it will give the appropriate first card in the hand but:"
>
> card in hand meaning the "Ah".
> More specifically
> =A0 =A0 print player1.first
> outputs ["ah"] and
> =A0 =A0 puts player1.first
> outputs Ah

Sorry, I meant a complete example that we can execute, that fails. We
need to see how you assign cards to player1. From your description I
cannot give any more advice. If print player1.first outputs ["ah"]
including the brackets, I can't see how puts player1.first would
output only Ah, with the capital A and no brackets or quotes, so I
don't really understand what you are saying.
It could be that what you have in player1 is a nested array, something like=
:

player1 =3D [["Ah"]]

but I can't be sure with your description. So, can you post a
complete, executable snippet of code that we can check?

Jesus.