"Paul Duncan" wrote:

> Anyway, nice to see people using stuff I've made.  Thanks for the
> suggestsions, and feel free to holler at me if you have any more
> problems. :)

/Muchismus gracias/ to both of you.

I'm using Imlib2-ruby because ImageMagick's binding layer was a snorting pig
to Python.

Occurs to me that because I read the source and knew about the list version
of draw_pixel I could have tried it.

I'm trying to draw Web comics without Photoshop (which the entire comic book
industry has gone to). So instead of warming up Gimp and performing the same
mousestrokes each time I scan the artwork, I'm trying to automate the most
common parts.

Which leads to the next question. How do I do what Gimp does when it
converts to "Grayscale"? I can't find such an option, and i suspect that
even with a fixed write_pixel I'm still going to get bigger files (meaning
more bit planes) than Gimp's doing.

--
  Phlip