Satoshi A. wrote in post #1023777:
> Hi Maximilian,
>
>> I really want to use shoes, because its very easy to use, extremly
>> fast to develop gui's with and now stable on windows7 (which was
>> a problem for me some time ago). Also building on ubuntu works
>> now perfectly.
> So glad to hear that. Thank you for creating Shoes app! :)
>
> Okay now, to understand your problem clearly, I have a question.
>
> - Is it possible to install Ruby itself before your user executes your
> app?
>
> If it's possible, the problem would become much easier.
> You can write your app as a gem and then your users will do just one
> command
> like this: gem install your_app_gem
>
> Red Shoes includes it's own ruby interpreter. So, users don't have to
> install Ruby. But even if they've already install ruby interpreter, Red
> Shoes can't use that.
>
> Which way are you looking for? Separate Ruby interpreter from your app
> or
> include Ruby interpreter into your app?
>
> ashbb

Hey ashbb!
I'd prefer that my windows-friends just have one executable, without any
work needed, including a simple "gem install ...". Windows guys, y know?
:)

So the best solution would be an included rubyinterpreter. But if this
is not possible, a 2step-installation (interpreter first, my_app after)
is better than nothing.