On 25.09.2011 16:40, Joey Zhou wrote:
> Well, how about "object.\method" style? You can type "str.\split" to get
> "str.method(:split)".

Personally I find the \ character troublesome: it reminds me too much
about escaping something, which IMO has no analogy here.

I'm already recovering from eye cancer due PHP adopting "\" as the
namespace separator ... horrible decision, if you ask me.

I haven't long really worked with/in C, but "&" as the operator for
getting the address of an something would fit the analogy to get the
instance of an method:

str.&split

But honestly I don't feel a necessity for it anyway.

- Markus