Hi Maximilian,

> I really want to use shoes, because its very easy to use, extremly
> fast to develop gui's with and now stable on windows7 (which was
> a problem for me some time ago). Also building on ubuntu works
> now perfectly.
So glad to hear that. Thank you for creating Shoes app! :)

Okay now, to understand your problem clearly, I have a question.

- Is it possible to install Ruby itself before your user executes your app?

If it's possible, the problem would become much easier.
You can write your app as a gem and then your users will do just one command
like this: gem install your_app_gem

Red Shoes includes it's own ruby interpreter. So, users don't have to
install Ruby. But even if they've already install ruby interpreter, Red
Shoes can't use that.

Which way are you looking for? Separate Ruby interpreter from your app or
include Ruby interpreter into your app?

ashbb