@jake: I decided to post here because I also look for a general solution
to package scripts. When I work with green_shoes, it is just a usual
script with this gem, so every possible solution for ruby-scripts could
be interesting for me, this has nothing to do with the gui itself.

Steve Klabnik wrote in post #1023620:
> This is the unfortunate current situation. Red shoes is the only one
> with a
> packager, and I don't know of plans to make one for green. There's no
> great
> other solution to this, you've enumerated basically all the options.
>
> Someday, I want to extract the red shoes packager for everyone, but
> there's
> a lot of work to do before that's possible.

Ah hey Steve! The only Problem with the red shoes packager seems to be
that an old version of rubygems is used. I tried things like "shoes -p
update --system", but nothing worked finally. Don't know how rubygems is
embedded in shoes, but is it possible for you to put a current version
in? :)

I really want to use shoes, because its very easy to use, extremly fast
to develop gui's with and now stable on windows7 (which was a problem
for me some time ago). Also building on ubuntu works now perfectly.

If ashbb also reads this: green_shoes needs no packager since its just a
gem. but in this case a general ruby solution is needed. i simply cannot
believe that there is NO solution to build a executable for
win/linux/osx in the ruby world!

Anyone ideas? Everything useful will be tested :)

- M