I'm sure everything works fine. Via the browser I have tried the actual
gets and those work. I also just tried it with the mechanize gem and got
it to work the way I wanted. This is the code I used with mechanize :

agent = Mechanize.new

challenge = agent.get(site_url + '__GetChallenge')
result = Digest::SHA1.hexdigest(challenge.body + password.upcase)

login = agent.get(site_url +
"login?Plugin=BFAPI&Templates=Session&Challenge=#{challenge.body}&UserID=#{user_id}&SHA1=#{result}")

This code returns the correct information.

I can't see any difference...

I'm also using https at the moment if that makes a difference.

I'll also check out RestClient.

Thanks