On Sep 20, 2011, at 14:19 , Aya Abdelsalam wrote:

> This is the error message that appears on the command prompt
>=20
> C:\Users\User> gem install classifier
> ERROR:  Could not find a valid gem 'classifier' (>=3D 0) in any =
repository
> ERROR:  Possible alternatives: classifier

Works fine for me. Please make sure you have an updated version of =
rubygems (looks like you have a new enough one given the alternatives =
line). Networking, proxy, firewall, etc could also be causing =
complications... See "--help" and maybe run with "--debug".

10000 % gem i -i xxx classifier
Fetching: fast-stemmer-1.0.0.gem (100%)
Fetching: classifier-1.3.3.gem (100%)
Successfully installed fast-stemmer-1.0.0
Successfully installed classifier-1.3.3
2 gems installed
Installing ri documentation for fast-stemmer-1.0.0...
Installing ri documentation for classifier-1.3.3...
Installing RDoc documentation for fast-stemmer-1.0.0...
Installing RDoc documentation for classifier-1.3.3...
10001 % gem list -d -r classifier

*** REMOTE GEMS ***

classifier (1.3.3)
    Author: Lucas Carlson
    Homepage: http://classifier.rufy.com/

    A general classifier module to allow Bayesian and other types of
    classifications.
10003 % GEM_HOME=3Dxxx gem spec classifier
--- !ruby/object:Gem::Specification=20
name: classifier
version: !ruby/object:Gem::Version=20
  hash: 29
  prerelease:=20
  segments:=20
  - 1
  - 3
  - 3
  version: 1.3.3
platform: ruby
authors:=20
- Lucas Carlson
autorequire: classifier
bindir: bin
cert_chain: []

date: 2010-07-06 00:00:00 Z
dependencies:=20
- !ruby/object:Gem::Dependency=20
  name: fast-stemmer
  prerelease: false
  requirement: &id001 !ruby/object:Gem::Requirement=20
    none: false
    requirements:=20
    - - ">=3D"
      - !ruby/object:Gem::Version=20
        hash: 23
        segments:=20
        - 1
        - 0
        - 0
        version: 1.0.0
  type: :runtime
  version_requirements: *id001
types of classifications.\n"
email: lucas / rufy.com
executables: []

extensions: []

extra_rdoc_files: []

files: []

homepage: http://classifier.rufy.com/
licenses: []

post_install_message:=20
rdoc_options: []

require_paths:=20
- lib
required_ruby_version: !ruby/object:Gem::Requirement=20
  none: false
  requirements:=20
  - - ">=3D"
    - !ruby/object:Gem::Version=20
      hash: 3
      segments:=20
      - 0
      version: "0"
required_rubygems_version: !ruby/object:Gem::Requirement=20
  none: false
  requirements:=20
  - - ">=3D"
    - !ruby/object:Gem::Version=20
      hash: 3
      segments:=20
      - 0
      version: "0"
requirements:=20
- A porter-stemmer module to split word stems.
rubyforge_project:=20
rubygems_version: 1.8.10
signing_key:=20
specification_version: 3
summary: A general classifier module to allow Bayesian and other types =
of classifications.
test_files: []