I've been writing a super simple terminal FTP client to send text files
from.

The code is:
require 'net/ftp'

puts 'Enter the full path  of the text file: '
filename=gets.chomp
puts 'Enter the hostname of the remote computer: '
hostname=gets.chomp
puts 'Enter the username for the remote computer: '
uname = gets.chomp
puts 'Enter the password associated with the username: '
pass = gets.chomp
puts 'Enter the path of the remote file: '
rfilename = gets.chomp

def sendfile filename, rfilename=filename, hostname, uname, pass
        ftp = Net::FTP.new(hostname)
        puts "\nConnecting to "+hostname+"..."
        ftp.login uname, pass
        ftp.puttextfile filename, rfilename
        ftp.close
end

sendfile filename, rfilename, hostname, uname, pass

Now, I've been getting this error: /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/ftp.rb:271:in
`getresp': 425 Could not open data connection to port 22533: Connection
timed out (Net::FTPTempError)

But I don't know why it is trying to go to that port- isn't FTP port 21? Is
there a way to change this?

--
Reese Chappuis