Lb Tr <treleven.lloyd / gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me how I can get TextMate to list Ruby as a template via
> File/New From Template menu?  TextMate lists others such as 'Python'
> Objective-C' as templates but not Ruby?

Use the Bundle Editor, select something inside the Ruby bundle, and
choose New Template from the first Plus button at the bottom left.
Inside that, create a New Template File.

To see what you're trying to create, first take a look at:

http://manual.macromates.com/en/templates

Then use the Bundle Editor to examine one of the Python templates. This
will give you a clear sense of what you need to make. You can probably
just copy the Ruby script directly from the Python template; what you're
interested in changing is the template *file* that's inside it. Just
make sure you change the name of the template file to match the name in
the template script.

You'll need to close the bundle editor before trying out your new
template.

If you don't feel like modifying the Ruby bundle you could always add
something to your own bundle. That's what I do.

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt / tidbits.com <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!