On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Patil D. <patil.demerji / gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for recommendations for excellent ruby on-line courses or
> even thoughts regarding certification.

Hi, Patil, I created an online curriculum intended to teach Ruby. It has six
sessions worth of video, going from very little assumed knowledge, up to
releasing a simple web application online.  There are also quizzes for each
session, cheatsheets for common Ruby libraries, and 50 or 60 challenges to
solve (problem descriptions with associated test suites, and example
solutions you can compare to). The format I use is the format that works
best for me, simple highly focused examples intended to show one aspect of
how something works or how to use it.

http://ruby-kickstart.com/

I also frequent this board, so if you have difficulty that you can't solve
on your own, I may be able to help out more directly, or if I'm busy,
probably someone else here can. There are a lot of helpful people here as
many of us realize that teaching others is an effective way to teach
ourselves.