On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 9:44 AM, Lloyd Blake <treleven.lloyd / gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've gone past the basics of learning the ruby language and now want to
> learn how to create simple GUI applications.  Can you tell me which GUI
> library is the best to use?

both of those are good, but you should also check out shoes:
http://shoesrb.com/  it's a sporty GUI DSL written by _why (and now
maintained by a steve kablank (and i probably mis-spelled his last name))
 the main version can be found on that site, but for a ruby-implementation
using gtk2 as the backend try green shoes:
http://ashbb.github.com/green_shoes/
hex

disclaimer: i'm a demi-committer to green shoes, so i have a bit of a bias
:P

--
*  my blog is cooler than yours: http://serialhex.github.com
*  The wise man said: "Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to