On 15 September 2011 10:31, Alex Young <alex / blackkettle.org> wrote:
> Reading between the lines, it sounds like Michal has an application,
> including the Ruby interpreter, distributed on CD, and the users of this
> application (who might not want or be able to rely on the system ruby)
> want to copy it off onto their hard drives and run it from there.
>
> Is that right?

That's not what I am doing, at least right now. That's one of the
things that comes up often when searching for the ruby interpreter
path.

> Going back to the first email:
>
>> It would be quite helpful to re-execute the interpreter when running
> tests sometimes.
>
> On the rare occasions where this has made sense in the past, I've lashed
> something together with `exec "#{$0} ..."` and detected either arguments
> or environment variables.

That definitely won't do.

I can run ruby1.8 mytest.rb or ruby1.9.2 mytest.rb and exec "#{$0}"
would just fail because I did not bother to make the file executable.

Thanks

Michal