Reading between the lines, it sounds like Michal has an application,
including the Ruby interpreter, distributed on CD, and the users of this
application (who might not want or be able to rely on the system ruby)
want to copy it off onto their hard drives and run it from there.

Is that right?

Going back to the first email:

> It would be quite helpful to re-execute the interpreter when running
tests sometimes.

On the rare occasions where this has made sense in the past, I've lashed
something together with `exec "#{$0} ..."` and detected either arguments
or environment variables.

However, I suspect that there is an easier way to get the same results
in this case

--
Alex