On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Eric Hodel <drbrain / segment7.net> wrote:

> Moving ruby from where it was installed is not a good idea.  It expects to
> be run from where `make install` put it, not from any other location.

Of course, this doesn't mean that people won't do that, although I'm having
trouble thinking of a case where it would matter. FWIW, the rake example
gives me the same string if I mv $(which ruby) instead of cp'ing it, so I
assume most of the "give me the ruby binary path" things are just going to
be reading build info.