Hi,

Lately I've been having a hell of a time (a bad time) trying to fix an E2BI=
G error coming from spawn. I finally tracked it down to a bug in win32.c  (=
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5325). Great. Then I tried to build rub=
y from source using VS2008, which I did. Great. Then I discovered that my u=
nit test that fires off thousands of little processes takes about 500ms to =
run each process where it used to take a few milliseconds. The even weirder=
 thing is that every now and again when I run it it goes at normal speed, b=
ut only occasionally. WTF? I've spent all day on this and I'm starting to t=
ear my hair out. Any ideas what could account for this?

Cheers,
James