> You should ask your distribution why it wants to kill your time by
> crippling packages like zlib.
>
> I do however have to say that something like:
>
> "incorrect header check"
>
> Is NOT a good error message.
>
> So rubygems guys, make the error response better. What the heck is an
> "incorrect header check"? Be more clear on that!

'

Well something was severly screwed up with my system and re-installing
all the zlib* packages didn't fix it. Luckily I was intending to
upgrade anyway so I upgraded and re-installed rvm and it worked. What
a pain though, wasted a whole lot of time.

I do agree that the error message is atrocious.  Completely worthless.