James Gray wrote in post #1021288:
> Yeah, Ruby's primary documentation tool just doesn't show overrides as
> you suggest.  That probably would be handy, but it could also be
> pretty tough to accomplish with how dynamic Ruby can be.

How does rubydoc.info achieve it? I'm really unclear as to what's gone
wrong with ruby-doc.org if other sources of documentation (that I didn't
know about this morning) are correct. The ri tool is also correct.

Not showing overriden methods is a pretty substantial problem! That
means the documentation will be wrong and misleading end to end.

In the example I found, File.open has a completely different interface
to IO.open. That's a pretty big deal. The only reason I picked up
something was wrong was because I'd just read the pickax book and
couldn't find the matching documentation. This threw me off and I've
lost confidence in that documentation all together. The trouble is, I
made the (reasonable) presumption that the documentation wouldn't
mislead me!

If I've succumb to this, there's got to be other people that have too.
IHMO, this limitation needs to be noted so that other people don't fall
into this trap too.