James Gray wrote in post #1021268:
> On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Matthew -- <astrochase / gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> This may have been brought up before, but as a newbie Ruby programmer,
>> I've just been tripped up by an error in the documentation at
>> ruby-doc.org.
>>
>> I've only just heard that this documentation is years out of date and
>> well-known to be inaccurate.
>
> I've found the 1.9 documentation on the site to be pretty OK.  I don't
> think I agree that it's "years out of date."
>
> Can you share the example that tripped you up?
>
> If we need to get the documentation site updated, I would prefer we
> email those maintainers and push them to do so instead of giving up on
> that resource.
>
> James Edward Gray II

The one that just tripped me up was File.open. It isn't properly
documented that File.open overrides IO.open. I believe it was also
mentioned here: http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1731075#999707

It confuses me how this can be wrong, especially as I'm under the
impression it's generated straight from the source code.

I don't have enough experience to judge how accurate ruby-doc.org is.
Perhaps someone with more experience than I can comment, but if it is
plagued with problems as I've been hearing, perhaps a warning should be
placed next to the link on the main Ruby website, at least until the
problems are resolved.