2011/9/8 Jes=FAs Gabriel y Gal=E1n <jgabrielygalan / gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 3:35 PM, dwight schrute <spambocks / yahoo.ca> wrote=
:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have this simple loop:
>>
>> (1..12).each do |i|
>> =A0puts "t#{i}.showURL"
>> end
>>
>> Which produces the following output:
>>
>> t1.showURL
>> t2.showURL
>> t3.showURL
>> t4.showURL
>> t5.showURL
>> t6.showURL
>> t7.showURL
>> t8.showURL
>> t9.showURL
>> t10.showURL
>> t11.showURL
>> t12.showURL
>>

>> My question is this: How can I actually execute the output of the
>> script? (I want to execute the output, not just have it printed to the
>> screen)
>>
>> In bash, I would use backticks `` or dollar-bracket $()
>
> backticks also work in Ruby. Also system or %x{}:
>
> (1..12).each do |i|
> =A0`t#{i}.showURL`
> end
>
> (1..12).each do |i|
> =A0sytem("t#{i}.showURL")
> end
>
> (1..12).each do |i|
> =A0%x{t#{i}.showURL}
> end

There's also exec and if one wants to collect the output there is
IO.popen and Open3.popen...

Initially I had thought (and apparently Isaac did as well) that the
task at hand was to execute Ruby code.  However, in that case I would
rather do

ts =3D [....]
ts.each {|t| t.showURL}

Where ts contains all "t"s which have a method "showURL" doing whatever.

Kind regards

robert

--=20
http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/