On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 6:06 PM, ashbb <ashbbb / gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi hex,
>
> > ruby-gtk seems to be installed fine
> Oh, I see.
> I'd like to run your app (spaceship_earth.rb?). Can I get your code?
>
> ashbb

here is the code:
https://github.com/serialhex/fun-stuff/blob/master/spaceship_earth/spaceship_earth.rb
it runs fine on my 32-bit computer... though it's not *nearly* finished (the
UI anyway, the SpaceshipEarth class is)  and needs to be cleaned up and
whatnot, it should run without much of a problem.  let me know what you
think (of the 64-bit problem & the code itself :D )
hex

--
my blog is cooler than yours: serialhex.github.com

The wise man said: "Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their
level and beat you with experience."

> > Other than the fact Linux has a cool name, could someone explain why I
> > should use Linux over BSD?
>
> No.  That's it.  The cool name, that is.  We worked very hard on
> creating a name that would appeal to the majority of people, and it
> certainly paid off: thousands of people are using linux just to be able
> to say "OS/2? Hah.  I've got Linux.  What a cool name".  386BSD made the
> mistake of putting a lot of numbers and weird abbreviations into the
> name, and is scaring away a lot of people just because it sounds too
> technical.
	-- Linus Torvalds' follow-up to a question about Linux