Robert Klemme <shortcutter / googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 2:01 AM, Anurag Priyam <anurag08priyam / gmail.com> wrote:
> > Not sure if it aligns well with the theme of 'Ruby Best Practices',
> > but I feel that it would be a great place to publish your posts later.
>
> I volunteer to edit posts if Eric agrees to have them on RBP.

Sure!  As long as it's in accordance to the GPLv3 _anywhere_ is
acceptable.  Any markup/markdown/whatever your preferred form of
modification is, should be available to readers of RBP.

> > Magnus Holm's (judofyr) Timeless, if he agrees, would be another good
> > place to publish to publish your posts later. If not anything else, I
> > would be delighted to mirror them on my (useless) blog :D.
>
> There's probably a ton of good places to host this content if it's not
> in a mailing list.  Now how do we decide where to put it? :-)

_Multiple_ places (especially geographically) is best for redundancy.  I
like mailing lists also because everything gets mirrored to subscribers'
inboxes.  Unfortunately the list server itself is still a single point
of failure (a shame that Usenet is dead), but most subscribers/posters
can still fall back to emailing each other directly.

--
Eric Wong