Vincent Foley wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 06:27:04AM +0900, Michael Brailsford wrote:
>
>>The other idea is to provide a predefined entry point for classes.
>>Something akin to C++ "int main()" or Java's "public static void
>>main(String[] args)".  If this predefined entry point existed in a class
>>in the script then after the file has been read the interpreter would
>>run the class using that predefined method.  If it didn't exist then
>>behavior would be what it is now.
>
> ---end quoted text---
>
> My english is not too good, but are you wanting something like:
>
> if $0 == __FILE__ then
>   main
> end
>
> ?

That is what I thought the poster was talking about as well. I
personally like the Ruby idiom better. A C-like global "main" method
seems too much like a special case, as does a "main" class method. This
was always something I though was rather crappy about C. I don't like
the idea of the name of a function or method having a special significance.

Heath

--
Heath Holcomb
bluetea / nc.rr.com