On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:30 AM, Eric Wong <normalperson / yhbt.net> wrote:
> I would like to do a series of mailing list posts on the subject of Unix
> systems programming in Ruby.      > POSIX-compliant features of the standard Ruby distribution.  > extensions or Linux-only parts.

I would be interested in the Linux-only parts as well.

[...]
> I don't consider myself a great writer nor programmer, but several folks
> expressed interest in learning this subject to me directly.   > know if anybody else is willing to teach this subject or contribute, but
> if I'm to do it, it'll be over my preferred medium: plain-text email[1].

Comes at a great time for me. After having searched unsuccessfully for
your blog, I was gonna drop you a mail myself :).

[...]
> If anybody wants to take mailing list posts and make a website/wiki or
> even publish a book so more people can read it, please do so!   > protects readers who circumvent DRM if distributed in proprietary
> formats.        > appreciated.

Not sure if it aligns well with the theme of 'Ruby Best Practices',
but I feel that it would be a great place to publish your posts later.
Magnus Holm's (judofyr) Timeless, if he agrees, would be another good
place to publish to publish your posts later. If not anything else, I
would be delighted to mirror them on my (useless) blog :D.

[...]
> Thanks for reading!

Thanks for doing this :). I am really delighted and looking forward to
your posts.

--
Anurag Priyam
http://about.me/yeban/