On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 7:41 PM, sunny parker <info / 2020proj.com> wrote:
> so i've been having problems with xampp and ror, for some reason when
> the files have the extension .cgi everything is fine but .pl throws
> error 500.

I'm not sure you have the right forum. First, this is a Ruby forum,
not a Rails-specific one. For Rails, try
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk .

Second, you mentioned Perl files. Those aren't Ruby- or Rails-related.

Third, you're using XAMPP. I'm not aware of many Rails developers who
use XAMPP. You'd be better off asking about that on its own mailing
list or forum.

> wanted to see what setup the community uses to test local browser?

Generally people just start the Rails process and point the browser to
whatever URL is set up. Oftentimes a web server built into Rails is
used, so there's no need for the Apache infrastructure that XAMPP
provides.