On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 6:58 PM, aya abdelsalam <ayoya_91 / hotmail.com> wrote:

> Do you think the problem is in netbeans IDE?

If you are using the inbuilt JRuby: Yes, most likely. It's vastly out
of date, including the tools that JRuby/NetBeans inclue (like
RubyGems).

Upgrading both of those is difficult, though, but NetBeans will
happily use external Ruby installations. 1.9 support is lacking,
though.

--
Phillip Gawlowski

phgaw.posterous.com | twitter.com/phgaw | gplus.to/phgaw

-- Leibniz