--_160734073.ALT

At 09:15 PM 4/18/02, Bob Calco wrote:
>Brian:
>
>See comments below...

Thank you for your comments. I will think about them as I write the next
draft. Other comments so far, from both Rubyists and Ruby novices, make me
think I should  leave the level of Ruby detail about the same.

As far as the testing topics go, you'll have helped me be more precise
about my wording. But I don't yield on my claim that the combination of
automation through a scripting interface and manual exploratory testing is
a better default choice than automation with a GUI testing tool. That's not
a topic for this list, though.

>  This is the first time I've used win32ole and only the second time I've
> talked programmatically to Word.
>
>Do you wan't the truth? It kinda shows... :(

I'd appreciate suggestions for improvement, keeping in mind that I'm
writing for a novice audience.

--
"Act always so as to increase the number of choices." -- Heinz von Foerster

--_160734073.ALT

At 09:15 PM 4/18/02, Bob Calco wrote:<br>
rial" size color0000FF">Brian:</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
rial" size color0000FF">See comments
below...</font><br>
Thank you for your comments. I will think about them as I write the next
draft. Other comments so far, from both Rubyists and Ruby novices, make
me think I should&nbsp; leave the level of Ruby detail about the same.
As far as the testing topics go, you'll have helped me be more precise
about my wording. But I don't yield on my claim that the combination of
automation through a scripting interface and manual exploratory testing
is a better default choice than automation with a GUI testing tool.
That's not a topic for this list, though.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
used win32ole and only the second time I've talked programmatically to
Word. <font face
rial" size color0000FF">Do you wan't the truth? It
kinda shows... :(</font><br>
&nbsp;</blockquote><br>
I'd appreciate suggestions for improvement, keeping in mind that I'm
writing for a novice audience.<br>
Heinz von Foerster</div>

--_160734073.ALT--