On Aug 31, 2011, at 9:36 PM, Diego Pereira wrote:

> I just realized that most of the posts are in English...
>=20
> In order to insert a "pipe" in my Windows x64 machine I usually use=20
> Alt+179 or Alt+124 commands.
> This works fine everywhere but on IRB command prompt.
> I did some research on internet and found a solution that seems to =
work=20
> on Windows XP machines, but I couldn't make it work on my Windows 7 =
x64.
> Also, when I try to copy/paste the pipe ("|") what I get is the ("=A6")=20=

> symbol, which is not good for Ruby.
> As you know the "pipe" is really important for Ruby programming, so =
I'm=20
> stocked at this point.
> I'm running out of ideas about how I should handle this.
> I'll really appreciate any help or guidance you can provide me.
> Regards,
> Diego
>=20

Can you use the Windows Character Map to insert the pipe character? I =
don't have access to a Windows 7 machine at home to test this.

You can get to the character map like this: clicking the Start button , =
clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking System Tools, and =
then clicking Character Map.

--Mark=