On Aug 31, 2011, at 9:36 PM, Diego Pereira wrote:

> I just realized that most of the posts are in English...
>
> In order to insert a "pipe" in my Windows x64 machine I usually use
> Alt+179 or Alt+124 commands.
> This works fine everywhere but on IRB command prompt.
> I did some research on internet and found a solution that seems to work
> on Windows XP machines, but I couldn't make it work on my Windows 7 x64.
> Also, when I try to copy/paste the pipe ("|") what I get is the (") ymbol, which is not good for Ruby.
> As you know the "pipe" is really important for Ruby programming, so I'm
> stocked at this point.
> I'm running out of ideas about how I should handle this.
> I'll really appreciate any help or guidance you can provide me.
> Regards,
> Diego

Can you use the Windows Character Map to insert the pipe character? I don't have access to a Windows 7 machine at home to test this.

You can get to the character map like this: clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking System Tools, and then clicking Character Map.