In article <1019301781.7248.1.camel / stargrazer>,
Sean Middleditch  <elanthis / awesomeplay.com> wrote:
>On Sat, 2002-04-20 at 04:45, Tobias Reif wrote:
>> Sean Middleditch wrote:
>>

>> > Sure, like Ruby programmers are into, there are lots of *niftier* things
>> > that could've been done instead of C#, but would there truly have been
>> > an advantage whatsoever?
>>

>> I must misunderstand you, but if Ruby offers no advantage over C#, why
>> are you using Ruby?
>
>Ruby does offer advantages, just not in the areas C# is strong.  For
>example, it's been stated here before that RUby can't be JIT'd like C#
>cn, for various reasons.

Why not?  The Parrot VM has JIT and we're planning a Ruby frontend to
Parrot - we should get a significant speed boost from doing this partially
due to Parrot's JIT capabilities.

Now if you're talking about JIT in the context of .NET that's probably a
different story.  .NET seems to be not well suited for dynamic languages.

Phil