I have been thinking about this a little lately because I am wanting to
extend RubyCOM to work well with .NET, because I like .net but after ruby C#
and VB just feel cumbersome and slow to program in, besides all that typing
makes my hands hurt :-)

I don't think there is too much of a problem, I think one could make a ruby
assembly that contains the ruby source, this source is then run by a ruby
interpreter. For this approach a simple clr stub program that extracts the
ruby and passes it to a ruby interpreter (that has a suitable interface to
the .net reflection mechanism), and a ruby 'compiler' to build the assembly.

Using RubyCOM I can extent com classes in ruby, I think the same could be
done for .NET, the 'require' loader could be extended to load assemblies,
and create stub classes as required for use by the interpreter.

So one could say

require " System.Web.UI"

class MyWebHandler System:Web:UI:Page

It would take a little bit of doing, but I don't think it would be that
difficult (famous last words), certainly easier than building a clr Ruby
compiler. I have been thinking of playing with this using the C# compiled
version of ruby.

Does anyone else have any thinking on this one, or perhaps done some work on
it?

Ralph