Hello,

At 00:00 20/04/2002 +0900, Michael Granger wrote:
>Jean-Hugues ROBERT (in "Re: [ANN] Ruby-Poll-0.01") wrote:
>
> > Two questions.
> >    A) What are the advantages of poll() over select() and is there a
> > similar OO encapsulation of select available (i.e. a Pure ruby one).
>
>I'm no expert, so take this for what it's worth. I personally prefer poll()
>because I find its interface to be much cleaner, and, under certain cases,
>more efficient.

I like the idea of encapsulating poll(). I would like the same idea applied
to select(). I don't know how much functionality one would lose using
select() instead of poll() but using select() would be pure Ruby whereas
poll() requires a C extension. Maybe your implementation could fallback to
select() when poll() is not available ?

Yours,

Jean-Hugues