http://redmine.pegasus-alpha.eu/projects/papyrus/issues
>>=20
>>=20
>> =3D=3D License
>>=20
>> It's licensed under the GPLv2, see COPYING in the source for more
>> information.
>>=20
>> =3D=3D Thanks
>>=20
>> Thanks to Eric Hodel's invaluable help--without him, Papyrus wouldn't
>> have made it to this release.
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> Have fun!
>>=20
>> Valete,
>> Marvin
>>=20
>>=20
>=20
> "sh: pdflatex: command not found
> Invoking pdflatex failed with exitstatus 127!"
>=20
> I'm not sure how to get this. I tried `brew install tex` and it sent =
me to
> http://www.tug.org/mactex/2011/ which is apparently 1.8GB zipped. Too =
much
> commitment for me, I just want to try it out.

Tex is a typesetting system, so it comes with a lot of fonts, styles, =
etc.=20
Hence the bit download for the full distribution. Basically its all =
packages
that were ever accepted into the tex package system.

The Tex community values "write once, compile anywhere, even 10 years in =
the
future", so they ensure that the main distributions hold everything.

> Then I tried dling and installing pdftex (
> http://www.tug.org/applications/pdftex/) per the man page's suggestion =
(
> http://man.cx/pdflatex#heading9) which I thought worked, but =
apparently not
> since there is no pdflatex in my path still, nor anywhere within the =
dir I
> constructed it in, nor within the original source dirs.

Thats too basic, as it only includes the typesetting system and nothing =
else :).
You would not want to download all the packages on your own :).

> I feel like I might be missing something obvious, what am I doing =
wrong?

Yes:

http://www.tug.org/mactex/2011/morepackages.html

Has a "BasicTex" package for 69MB. I don't know whether papyrus uses =
extra-fancy stuff, but
from a short glance it doesn't. As the page correctly says: "The package =
is remarkably capable.",=20
so it should work.

If it doesn't work with BasicTex, I recommend writing a bug report to =
the author :).

Regards,
Florian

--