On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Quintus <sutniuq / gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the very first release of Papyrus, a RDoc plugin
> for generating PDF files from your sourcecode's documentation.
>
> == Installation
>
> It's available via RubyGems. Do
>
> # gem install papyrus
>
> to get it.
>
> == Usage
>
> You can use it the same way as any other RDoc generator plugin, namely
>
> $ rdoc -f papyrus YOURFILESHERE
>
> You can also use it in Rake tasks if you want;
>
> gem "rdoc" #Note you need the gem!
> require "rdoc/task"
> RDoc::Task.new do |t|
>  t.generator = "papyrus"
>  #...
> end
>
> == Websites
>
> * Project page: http://redmine.pegasus-alpha.eu/projects/papyrus
>  (it's a bit spare at the moment, but forgive me, I just completed
>  coding ;-))
> * Issue tracker: http://redmine.pegasus-alpha.eu/projects/papyrus/issues
>

> == License
>
> It's licensed under the GPLv2, see COPYING in the source for more
> information.
>
> == Thanks
>
> Thanks to Eric Hodel's invaluable help--without him, Papyrus wouldn't
> have made it to this release.
>

> Have fun!
>
> Valete,
> Marvin

"sh: pdflatex: command not found
Invoking pdflatex failed with exitstatus 127!"

I'm not sure how to get this. I tried `brew install tex` and it sent me to
http://www.tug.org/mactex/2011/ which is apparently 1.8GB zipped. Too much
commitment for me, I just want to try it out.

Then I tried dling and installing pdftex (
http://www.tug.org/applications/pdftex/) per the man page's suggestion (
http://man.cx/pdflatex#heading9) which I thought worked, but apparently not
since there is no pdflatex in my path still, nor anywhere within the dir I
constructed it in, nor within the original source dirs.

I feel like I might be missing something obvious, what am I doing wrong?