On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 4:57 AM, Ian M. Asaff <ian.asaff / gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've put together a simple little gem that functions as an interactive
> quiz/game for learning ruby. You are given simple tasks and as you complete
> each one, you are given another.
>
> There is a README here: https://github.com/montague/blirb#readme
>
> To install, type 'gem install blirb'. After installation, type 'blirb' to
> start the program.
>
> It's very rough around the edges, but I figure "release early, release
> often" is a good motto.
>
> Would love to hear any feedback.

Hi Ian,
    just tried it, and I like it. Works really well for very simple stuff.

It has that kind of 'study aid' feel to it that I like, and it suits
complete beginners.

You want feedback, so here goes:
- it would be nice to have coloured terminal output (which makes it a bit
tricky cross platform I know).
- You might need to put a bit more thought into the task list - how do you
get new tasks into the gem, you could get a lot of contributions here and it
might be an idea to make them all easily shared.
- perhaps have a blirb_curated gem and a blirb_community gem for all the
tests?
- you might want to include a scoring system at some stage - I get a nice
'game' feel off of it

Nice idea, done well.

regards,
Richard