Hello All,
I am trying to attach a small ruby program (see below) to an MS-Access
database. I need to update the database with the values of Ruby
variables and cannot seem to get the formatting right. The variables get
their value based on a txt file that changes every couple of minutes.

require 'rubygems'
require 'win32ole'

sid = "12345678'
lname = "Data"
fname = "Test"
rn = "123456789012"
fac = "TRW"

connection = WIN32OLE.new('ADODB.Connection')
connection.Open('Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;
Data Source=c:\patients\BarCodes.mdb')
Connection.Execute(°»INSERT INTO UserInfo(UserLast, USerFirst, SID, FAC,
MRN, BarCode) VALUES(lname, fname, sid, fac, rn);°…)

When I run this code I get:
Invalid char '\223' in expression
syntax error, unexpected tCONSTANT, expecting ')'

Note, this is not a rails project and I do not want to install rails on
the workstation where this will run.

Thanks,
Jeff