For Windows, instaling ImageMagick + RMagick is fairly simple. Just
download this[1] and follow instructions inside. (Unfortunately, this
only works with Ruby 1.8.6.)

[1] http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/64917/RMagick-2.12.0-ImageMagick-6.5.6-8-Q8.zip

But do you really need to do this in Ruby? If you just want to process
a couple hundred images once, I'd recommend IrfanView and it's Batch
Conversion.

-- Matma Rex