> I suppose I'd have to ask why this is necessary. If you need a name
> associated with a value I'd recommend using a hash instead. Technically
> there might be a way be analyzing stack frames, but that would require
> access to the internals through the C API.

I need it because I generate a complex data structure from more simple
primitives. Having the names around makes it easier to get the desired
results. Using hashes will work, but it adds noise to the algorithms,
making them harder to construct. But if a hash is the simplest way of
getting what I want, then a hash it will be...

Thank you for replying!