--bcaec50161e9c7bf9b04aa53123c

2011/8/12 Bartosz Dziewoski <matma.rex / gmail.com>

> Because, when the (\s|$) at the end matches \s (a space), this space
> is no longer included in subsequent matches - as if that part of
> string "disappeared" - and thus the \s at the beginning can't match
> it. You should use a regex tester for complex regexes (by complex, I
> mean almost all), for example http://regexpal.com/. (Try inputting
> your data and both of your regexes there.)
>
> I think there's a similar tool that explicitly uses Ruby's flavor of
> regexp (regexpal uses browser-side JavaScript), but I can't remember
> the URL and AFAIR it sucked.
>
> -- Matma Rex

Actually I don't think that was the case.  Here is my gsub block

encapexs.each do |encapex|
line.gsub!(encapex) do |match|
x.next!
stash[x] = $1
separator + x + separator

So, it should have been and appeared to be putting the space back into the
line.  I really need to modify my regex and grab the preceding space in it's
own group so I can clean the last line up some.

so loud, I can hear a word youe saying."

-Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)

--bcaec50161e9c7bf9b04aa53123c--