On Aug 12, 2011, at 12:10 AM, Phillip Gawlowski wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 8:07 AM, cathy alomari <cathy1428 / gmail.com> =
wrote:
>>=20
>> Thank you !  Thank you!  For the link to ruby-kickstart.  What I =
wanted to
>> find out is there are "certifications" for RUBY?  And if so, where?
>=20
> Lord, I hope there aren't any certifications for Ruby. Write code,
> open source it, and create a portfolio with that. Code speaks louder
> than paper.

I thought about this a bit, as I do agree that certifications do not =
speak as well as code for assessing someone's coding talents. However, =
they do provide a way to help get Ruby more exposure in the business =
world. Some managers prefer to have an objective means of evaluating =
candidates to help provide some kind of filtering. That is why a =
certification could help create confidence in the hiring of Ruby =
developers. I think it would be awesome to see something like this get =
more Ruby folks hired. However, I also think Ruby needs to have a solid =
language specification before any sort of certification can be =
considered.

Regards,
Chris White
http://www.twitter.com/cwgem=