On Aug 2, 2011, at 11:00 AM, Steve Klabnik wrote:

>> What's wrong with stealing WikiPedia's procedures? The model works
>> quite well, even for narrower topics (Like Memory Alpha, the Fallout
>> Wiki, and the Portland Pattern Repository show).
>=20
> Oh, man, if Ruby documentation ever becomes like Wikipedia, please,
> shoot me now.
>=20
> What I mean is this: right now, we barely have anyone actually
> contributing documentation. Some people have stepped up since the doc
> drive, and we get random patches from various people sometimes, but
> Ruby has absolutely nothing like the Python Doc team. Or at least, if
> we do, they're not doing their job.

As I mentioned, the focus for me right now isn't deciding about =
structure of organization etc. It is, as you've already stated getting =
content up. This is a responsibility I plan to take on as the submitter =
of this proposal. I'm already evaluating different systems to use, an =
reaching out to people for possible hosting sponsorship. I don't expect =
anyone to sign on at this point, as there's nothing tangible for you to =
evaluate. My hope is to get enough content up so that even if I do drop =
off the face of the community, the next willing and able person won't =
have to start from scratch.  I leave it to you on how much faith you =
wish to put in that.

Regards,
Chris White
http://www.twitter.com/cwgem