On Jul 31, 2011, at 3:50 AM, Albert Schlef wrote:

> I've noticed that Wikipedia says that "C#, Java" are 3'rd generation
> languages[1] and "Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby" are 4'th generation
> languages[2].
>=20
> My question is:
>=20
> Are there any credible sources that categorize these languages in this
> way?
>=20
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-generation_programming_language
> [2] =
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth-generation_programming_language

It's Wikipedia, and being a community driven content site people will =
still say things without citing sources. That's why we have good ole =
[citation needed]. Honestly though, will people throw Ruby out as a =
language choice because of an article Wikipedia has? If so does the Ruby =
community really want someone that makes such narrow minded decisions? I =
honestly believe that the decision to work with a language is determined =
by more valuable conditions such as documentation, community activity, =
popular uses (Rails), and how easy it is for the user to work with.=20

TLDR; I call BS

Regards,
Chris White
Twitter: http://twitter.com/cwgem=