This is to announce the release of Ruby-Poll, an object-oriented
implementation of the poll(2) system call for Ruby.  It's still beta-quality,
but I'd appreciate if interested parties would download it and test it,
especially in non-ix86 Linux environments, as that's the only environment I
have access to.

Patches, bug reports, and "it worked for me" email gratefully accepted via
email.

Here's a brief description:

  The poll(2) function is a select()-like function that waits for interesting
  events to happen to any of an array of file descriptors. Ruby-Poll is an
  object-oriented implementation of that call which encapsulates the
  management and processing of the data structures involved in a Poll object.
  The object interface can be used to add, remove, and modify the file
  descriptors being polled and the bitmasks that determine what events they
  are interested in receiving, as well as optional event handler blocks or
  methods for each descriptor.

You can download the latest version from the project page at:

  http://www.devEiate.org/code/Ruby-Poll.shtml

--
Michael Granger <ged / FaerieMUD.org>
Rubymage, Believer, Architect