> Ruby doesn't guarantee that you can't poke around inside an object or
> class. In fact, quite the reverse--it provides many mechanisms to let
> you do just that.

Yep, this was about the conclusion I came during the night.

> However, I hadn't realized that you could do the trick with
> late-binding instance variables.

Well, me neither :). But if I reflect OO-things from C++ or Java I think
they don't allow parent class to know the real class is actually a child
when calling.

class Foo
  def foo
	p self.type

class Bar < Foo
end

Bar.new.foo

In those languages call to Bar.new.foo forces Foo#foo to think self is
actually an object of type Foo, not kind_of? Foo. This was the surprise.

	- Aleksi